Our smile are to last and teeth are the stronger and hardest part of our human body even than our bone. As we get older and the used of our teeth for chewing, we can also exposed them to stress for chewing in hard candies or many objects like pencil or simple opening a bottle, grinding them at sleep.
When the crack is bigger it may get an infection, pus may drain from the area if you crack your tooth we recumbent to visit your dentist as soon is possible. The treatment depends on how deep or large is the crack.
Symptoms of a cracked tooth:
· Hurt sometimes when your bite or chew
· Sensitive with hot and cold
Pain will come and go the treatment chipped or crack could be different depend of circumstances.
To help us understand what is the differences chipped or crack tooth.
1. Chipped teeth can be repaired by bonding, Crown; ask your doctor to help you to give you options and from keep it from worsening.
2. Cracked tooth there are many different type:
- CRAZE LINE: this one is a very common
- FRACTURED: Is a chewing surface break off
- CRACKED Tooth: This one may gradually spread and extend bellow the gum line the only option is to extract the tooth and this one is painful.
- SPLIT : Can be saved, possible only by a Root Canal treatment or extract the tooth.
- VERTICAL ROOT FRACTURE: Begin in the root and extent to upward to the chewing area most cases the molar or tooth needs to be removed or in molar can be save by removing the fractures root if is treated on time.
- DON’T CHEW ICE, UNPOPPED POPCORN, PRESSED TIGHTLY TOGETHER OR GRIND YOUR TEETH.
- IF YOU KNOW YOU GRIND WHILE SLEEP WEAR A MOUTHGUARD.
Astrid Arostegui R.D.A.