End Oral Cancer!
Be mindful of symptoms
Your mouth is one of your body’s most important early warning systems. In between dental visits, it is important for patients to be aware of the following signs and symptoms, and to see a dental professional if they do not improve or disappear after two-three weeks:
- a sore, or soreness or irritation that doesn’t go away
- red or white patches, or pain, tenderness, or numbness in mouth or lips
- lumps, thickening tissues, rough spots, crusty or eroded areas
- difficulty chewing, swallowing, speaking, or moving your jaw or tongue
- a change in the way your teeth fit together when you close your mouth
When it comes to symptoms, keep this two-three week time period in mind, but always call your dentist right away if you have any immediate concerns.